Monday 7 September 2009

The Moon, Samuel Johnson and R'Kid


The moon was incredible large and very beautiful this morning as John and I walked to the Studio. I always find it a little strange to see the sun on one side of the sky and the moon visible on the other.

I have going on telling John, Barbara and who ever else will listen that I have been listening to Radio Four's new Classic Serial. It is Boswell's Life of Samuel John and is excellent. I had a little knowledge of Johnson previous to this (thank you Staffordshire University) but am now a real fan and absolutely need the book. On Sunday afternoon this was followed by Book club and featured The Wild Places by Robert Macfarlane. Another favourite of mine (and one that I already own), he talks not only about 'remote locations' but 'the undiscovered country of the nearby'. Just the sort of things to listen to as we prepare for Top Drawer...

We received an email today from R'Kid (my sister Chris) with a link to www.kissgoodbyetobreastcancer.com . She is about the thirteenth woman to kiss the screen. The film gets very fast so it is hard to see her but fortunately John my wonderful husband and all round techno-man managed to go through the film bit by bit and capture an image of her. Please go and have a look at the advert by cutting and pasting the address in your navigation bar.


3 B.T.'s

1: On Sunday I really enjoyed listening to Radio Four's Classic serial - it is Boswell's Life of Samuel John. I now want the book...
2: The moon was visible as we walked to the Studio this morning in the bright sunshine, it was large and very beautiful.
3: We received an email from R'kid, she is featured in a 'Kiss Goodbye to Breast Cancer' advert. We are so proud of her!!!

Bye for now,

Love Ruth x

No comments:

Post a Comment