Monday 31 August 2009

Painting on a Bank Holiday Monday


The windows of the new part of Sumptuosity Towers are now gleaming with fresh paint. Well, that isn't strictly true - one of them is gleaming with 'Witham Green' gloss paint and the other one has the green undercoat but not the top coat on yet. I am afraid that I am out of practice with my painting and so was much slower than I used to be. However, most of the paint went onto the woodwork and very little onto the glass and as my husband noted (to his great surprise) very little cursing!

It will be interesting to see if the Sumptuosity Fairies notice when they appear tomorrow morning... We shall have to wait and see! It will also be interesting to see if it helps to encourage more people into the shop area - the windows used to be a depressing matt black but now looks considerably brighter and more cheerful - I'll keep you posted.

3 B.T.'s
1: The man who walks his hairy old Bassett Hound along our road picks up litter and puts it in the bin and often carries a bag to collect items that can go in the recycling boxes. - How public spirited and nice!
2: After the grubiness of sanding down woodwork and rescuing spiders from their hidy-holes I had a long shower, washed my hair and then had a lie-down with a book and a face mask - bliss.
3:I love to read Stephen Fry's website and see what he is up to.

Bye for now

Love Ruth xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment