Monday 4 January 2010

Happy New Year - Happy Valentine!


Hello Everyone,

I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas and a good start to the New Year!

Books (of course) featured significantly in my Christmas stocking but I was also delighted with some presents that had been handmade. 'R' Kid (a.k.a my sister Chris) had knitted a pair of Victorian Mice for me and they are now sitting on my Victorian literature bookcase (and looking very happy). My friend Karen ("I'm in Charge", a.k.a. 'Our Leader') had knitted a slice of Cake, complete with a beautiful strawberry on top. It looks delicious! I shall get John to take some photographs so that you can all see what clever talented people I know.

My television hi-light this Christmas has definitely been 'Cranford'. Judy Dench et al were all wonderful as usual but my favourite was the magnificent Macaw that stole every scene that it appeared in.

Today was the first time since we broke up for Christmas that me and the gang were back in Sumptuosity Towers and already we have been working on our new designs for St.Valentine's Day. John has been busy taking photographs and putting them on-line for you all to see (as well as showing our stockists the latest designs). We had already had a design discussion (in the Blue Bell) one afternoon last week and so we able to 'hit the ground running'. No rest for the wicked!

3 B.T's

1: The Magnificent Macaw on Cranford at Christmas - beautiful and hilarious.
2: John hanging onto the last copy of 'The Greatest Show on Earth' by Richard Dawkins to be found in SALE at Waterstones in York on Bank Holiday Monday. Nobody was going to rest it out of his fingers, as I searched for my book token from 'R' Kid but he did enjoy showing it (at a distance) to a couple who were busy searching for this book in the sale....
3: Watching a pair of Crows walking about on the frozen lake at Potteric Carr nature Reserve - I have never seen crows wandering around amongst Ducks and Geese before!

Bye for now

Love Ruth x


No comments:

Post a Comment