Monday 11 January 2010

Goodbye to the Snow?

On the way to Sumptuosity Towers this morning I was pleased to see that it was raining and that the snow and ice was (fingers crossed) finally starting to go - yes, I know that this makes me sound like a grumpy old curmudgeon! However, walking to work has taken twice as long as it usually does, the lovely Alanna has had to fight her way through ice and snow on her drive from West Yorkshire and my little Sophie has been looking more and more like 'Little Nell' as she wraps herself up in her winter coat, hat and gloves. One day last week, Alanna was snowed in (although it did mean that her and her Mum could make a snow man) and on another day Sophie was late because her front door had frozen up and she couldn't get out of the house! No, I am glad to see the back of the white fluffy stuff!

The walk to work this morning was slightly Edgar Alan Poe'ish, not because we were being followed by a Raven crying 'Nevermore' but because we felt like we were being constantly followed by an annoying teenager who wouldn't pick up her feet. All along Gilly Gate and down St.Peter's Gate and half way across the city was the never ending sound of slouching boots being dragged along the flooooooooorrr and always the same distance behind us.

I have been on the internet and found my ideal Beehive - it is called a 'BeeHaus' and is a modern design of beehive. It is just as well as I have recently finished a book called 'A World Without Bees' and it looks like they need all the help that they can get - if not then it is a bit like we are 'allllllll doooooomed'.

In the meantime it is business as usual at Sumptuosity Towers, with sewing, tea drinking and listening to Radio Four....

3 B.T.'s

1: I like to see bird footprints in the snow - probably Blackbirds.
2: On Saturday morning Sophie came into the Studio and said that the River Foss had frozen and that Ducks were standing on it and that we had to come and have a look - so off we all trotted with our hats, coats and boots. It was great and again I saw bird footprints (this time belonging to the Ducks) on the ice.
3: The BeeHaus beehive is fabulous and I have ordered a brochure, so that I can mull over it at my leisure.

Bye for now,

Love Ruth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment